Friday, January 19, 2007

Don't buy one of these...

What we have here is a picture of a green Citroen Saxo, very similar to mine. What sets it apart from my vehicle (for the sake of argument, I shall refer to my motor as "Christine") is that it's 'on the road', a condition Christine never seems to be. I had to take it into the garage yesterday after almost ploughing into the back of a lorry because the brakes failed. On taking it in, I knew it was because the brake pads were knackered so I thought I'd tell them about some of the other problems I was having with it, namely the indicaters worked when they felt like it and whenever I turned left there was a knocking sound. My fears were confirmed, along with something else that I never even knew was a fault. I've had Christine for just 8 months, it's in only it's 4th year and has yet to break the 20,000 mile barrier but here is a list of the things I've had to take it in for so far or have gone wrong...

- Dents and paintwork agreed on purchase
- Cracked windscreen after just 2 weeks
- Knocking sounds from inside the cabin (faulty sunroof!)
- Replacement Catalytic Converter
- Faulty Oxygen sensor (caused engine to intermittently stall)
- Broken wing mirror
- Stolen hubcaps (replaced them and within one sodding day one of them had fallen off)
- Broken drive shaft
- Worn out brake pads and discs
- Faulty indicator stalk
- Boss and ball joints knackered

Needless to say Citroen (may change that first syllable to something more akin to my personal opinion of the car) are not my favourite manufactuers. The only silver lining is that they wouldn't come down on the price when I bought it, instead giving me a £400 warranty for £100 which to date has cost them more than a grand in repairs! In short DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS - THEY'RE SHIT.

Photographic representation of my car

"THE BIG LEBOWSKI" QUOTE OF THE DAY...

"Obviously you're not a golfer"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home