Saturday, December 09, 2006

All a bit of a blur
















After booking the honeymoon we felt it was our duty to mark the momentous occasion with an almighty piss up! The above photos were taken at The Museum, my first visit to what is a great pub and one I'll be visiting again. I was surprised at the number of pubs in Sheffield that now serve very good Real Ale, including the superb Devonshire Cat that's fast becoming the best pub on the planet. We went to one very unusual pub, I forget the name, but it cost just £2.88 for two pints and seemed to be stuck in the 80's. Got talking to an old man, very much a regular who waxed lyrical about how they don't make pubs like that any more and he was right. No music, just people talking, and the atmosphere was all the better for it. I think it'll be a while before I go there again but the bloke was genuinely friendly and even offered to buy us a pint, despite the fact he was obviously spending his pension. However, we had to move on as I had a very special drink waiting for me at home...

Hoegaarden!!! Is there a better beer in the world?

It was when we were sampling the delights of The Museum that we heard about the London Tornado. Am I the only one who thought it was a big fuss about not very much? Considering it happened on the same day it was confirmed that police were treating the death of former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko as murder, for me the fact that it was a bit windy in our capital was a little trivial. The news reports delighted in telling us that the hospitals were inundated with literally ONE serious injury and that as many as SEVERAL cars had been badly damaged! Clearly a much more serious matter than the murder of a former Russian national on our soil, more than likely by the Soviet Government that could well start another cold war. Southern wussies.

"SCROOGED" QUOTE OF THE DAY...

"All my life I've been listening to excuses about why people can't work. My back hurts, my legs ache....I'm only 4."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home