Thursday, January 04, 2007

I need a holiday

It's been a while since I last blogged, mainly because I've not had five minutes to myself. I remember when Christmas used to be relaxing but I suppose that's a sign of growing up. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and we saw pretty much everyone, including most of my friends, family, Jen's family and some of Jen's friends as well. It would have been nice to have spent more than two days in our own bed though and we're both now knackered.

So, we're only three days into 2007 and already there's been another engagement (congratulations Andy and Anna), been invited to a stag do (cheers Neil, Amsterdam sounds great!), invited to an engagement party (one of Jen's old workmates who I've never met, that's in Rotherham next month), had my dad's birthday, got my gran's birthday tomorrow and will be going wedding suit shopping with Jen on Saturday. No sign of things letting up then!

Also only three days into the transfer window and Leeds have already signed 5 players!!!! Here's my assessment of the newbies...

Matt Heath (defender) - solid, has been on loan since September, good for continuity.
Tresor Kandol (striker) - Unsure, only scored once on loan but has talent and may be an insurance signing because if we do go down he'll get the goals to get us back up
Tore Andre Flo (striker) - a little past it but could be a master stroke, never played lower than this level and knows where the goal is, only signed to the season end so not much to lose.
Robbie Elliot (defender) - excellent signing, a grafter and at this level as good as you'll get with the experience he has
Armando Miguel Correia De Sa (defender) - Mozambique international, never heard of him, lets see the kop try and get a chant out of that name.

Started the year with a good win over Coventry (heard the usual criticism of how Leeds were lucky but I fail to see how hitting the woodwork twice is ever fortunate), lets see if we can carry it on in the FA Cup against West Brom (if you want a hot tip on that game, I had a dream last night we lost 6-4, however I scored two of the goals so it's unlikely...yet strangely possible!)

DANIEL BEDDINGFIELD CRAP LYRIC OF THE DAY...

"If you aren't the one then why do I dream of you as my wife"

Good god...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home