Sunday, November 26, 2006

Now I remember why I don't eat kebabs

A much calmer weekend, partly due to the absence of work of any kind, but also just the one big night this time. I'm not as young as I used to be and the beer catches up with me much faster but it was an entertaining night at the Polish Ex-Serviceman's Club in Sheffield to celebrate Jill's (a friend of Jen's family) 60th. There was curry, two Barbershop quartets, a very good band and lots of beer. There was also one of those amazing coincidences, Jen said one of her friend's parents (Melody who now lives in Holland) might be there and she'd not seen them for some time. About 15 minutes into the party and man walked in who I recognised as the electrician at Peak, where I work. It was only Melody's dad! Anyway, a very nice night, which is where the kebab came in.


It looked a lot nicer last night

I wish I'd ordered chips and the worst thing was having to throw away what was left, revisiting the scene and smell. Never again...

Just watched Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest and enjoyed it. Not as good as the first but pleny of fun and Jonny Depp is superb once again, sets it up very nicely for a third intallment. I can smell the unmistakable aroma of bangers and mash so must dash, I need something to banish the memory of that monstrosity last night.

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT LYRIC OF THE DAY

"But he also gave us Una Stubbs" (God Gave Us Life)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate, I hate to say it, but Pam & I think that kebab looks like you've tasted it twice.. once on teh way down, and oncemore for the photo opportunity!

Anything scraped off a spinning stick is inherently suspect and should be treated with caution. Not like chips & cheese, they rule.

PS: if you do decide to myspace, check /tierneywigg. :o)

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home