Tuesday, February 27, 2007

He Shoots, He Scores AGAIN!!!


Having recovered from the chest injury that so nearly forced me out of last night's 5-a-side match against Fulwood FC, I succumbed to a hamstring strain shortly before kick off (my own fault, I was hammering shots in and overdid it). I was still able to run, it just hurt like hell to shoot but we had a man advantage because only 4 of their players turned up.


We swiftly went 1-0 up when Joe tucked one away, doubling our advantage shortly afterwards when Neil put me through to slot past the advancing goalkeeper in a one on one (I didn't have to blast it so no pain there!). By half time we were 5-0 up, Ed, another from Joe and Neil. My leg was agony by then but I was forced to come back on because Joe was told to leave the field of play for wearing moulded studs just as Naz was also coming off, however my impact was imediate. Jim rolled the ball out to me, with everybody in front I hit the pass of the match, bypassing everybody, giving Neil the simple task of diverting the pass beyond the keeper with one deft flick and that was how the game finished, their goalkeeper being equal to everything we threw at them. Final score Fulwood FC 0 Magic All Stars 6.


Don't forget to watch Life On Mars again tonight...


"Life on Mars" Gene Hunt quote of the day...


"I reckon we can take him. I'll jump on him, you grab his gun and Cartwright can jump up and down on his knackers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home