Thursday, February 15, 2007

Did you get a card?

Of course I just got the one but it was the one that mattered, my wife to be giving me a lovely start to the day. We generally don't buy each other presents for Valentine's because Jen's birthday was just two weeks ago and mine is next week so it seems a little pointless. We also choose to stay in and cook a meal, Jen rustled up a fabulous Cheese Fondue with bread and ham which was amazing, especially washed down with a 9 year old Moet left over from last year. A very pleasant evening.

Congratulations to Matlock Town who did indeed make it 9th time lucky, beating Gresley 4-1 in the Unibond League Cup 2nd round after 7 postponements and an abandoned game. Of course I've not yet mentioned Leeds United's fine 2-1 win over Crystal Palace which means, for the first time in about a month, survival is in our own hands. We may still be 2 points off safety but, with game in hand, that difference could be wiped out. I just hope the team doesn't suffer from the controversy surrounding the apparent divulgance of the team sheet by a Leeds player to Palace. The footballing world frequently throws up people stating the obvious, "If we score more goals than them then we'll win", "The title's not decided in November", "If that had gone in it would have been a goal", but Shaun Derry's agent telling the world his client is not a mole was a step too far for me...
I think it's fairly obvious which is which to be fair, but a big thank you to the agent nonetheless for avoiding any future confusion for Elland Road's pest control.
"LIFE ON MARS" GENE HUNT QUOTE OF THE DAY...
"If I was as worried as you I'd never fart for fear of shitting myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home