Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another managerial casualty...

Davros
Yes, another day, another managerial casualty, this time it is the angel-faced one, formerly of Charlton. Seeming a strange one to me as the club have only lost once in their last 4 outings I was struggling to work out what the boards aims for the season were. Europe? They're still in the Carling Cup! Safety? It's not even the middle of November and the panic buttons are pushed. My theory is that they've been watching BBC3's sci-fi weekend instead of BBC1's Match of the Day and realised who's been managing the side for the last six months...




Ian Dowie

Now he's out of contract and looking for more work we can expect an iminent appearance on Doctor Who.

I was happily driving in to work this morning, minding my own business when I noticed two, what can only be described as chavs about to cross the road at the traffic lights ahead of me. They looked the other way (baring in mind this was a dual carriageway) but not in my direction so I carried on assuming they'd realise their mistake when they saw a Saxo approaching at 40mph. They carried on and I was about 20 metres away from them when the realisation hit me that they weren't going to stop. I had to slam on the breaks but I hit one of them, or rather his side hit my car and completely smashed the wing mirror. The little shit (who looked drugged up in all honesty and completely oblivious to the fact that I could have killed him) just pointed at the wing mirror, laughed and walked off.

Now this opens up that little moral dilemma of would you stop if you hit someone or would you drive off. We all like to think we'd help, but now I'm positive I'd stop because all I could think of when I drove off, still astonished that these two little turds were laughing, was how I'd like to pull over and ring his bloody neck. I could have been up in court and had somebody's death on my conscience just because he wasn't looking where he was going. I look both ways when I leave my house, let alone cross a dual carriageway during rush hour!

Anyway, rant over, time for HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT LYRIC OF THE DAY:

"Under bridges, over bridges to our destination. Careful with that spliff Eugene, it causes condensation." (Time Flies By)

The logic is infallable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home